The summer so far has been a dance between thunderstorms and pouring rain followed by brilliant blue skies of blazing sun. Seeds have sprouted and growth continues to press forward in the garden.
I thought I’d take this perfect moment to press PAUSE on our busy lives and share with you the green life of my vegetable garden…it’s time for an update as it has been over a month since planting.
Sometimes, a little inspiration is just the thing to lighten our days. Nothing more and nothing less.
Some tending tips for the young vegetables…
- Corn seeds were planted 3 to a hole…if only one sprouted, that’s fine, but where two or three pushed through the ground I thinned them to one strongest plant when they reached a height of about 4 inches
- Corn plants having reached a foot in height were hilled up at the base of each stalk with organic soil to help feed the roots growing from the sides of the stalk
- Peas and beans received a guiding hand gently persuading their reaching tendrils to take hold of the structure I provided to carry them skyward
- Sea Magic organic fertilizer was added to the watering can every couple of days to feed the growing plants
- Tomato plants have had the growing tips between the main stems pinched back to keep the energy going into the forming fruit
My wish for you today: Hold to the strength of your convictions, be resilient as a willow in the face of change and remain true to yourself in all things. You came here to set your own footsteps in the sand, no one else’s, do so without apology and let LOVE guide your way.
(p.s. my dog Cali helped me with the introduction to the video 💜)
Share with your friends on Facebook if you like the video…and as always, leave a comment and tell me how your garden is growing – I ALWAYS love to hear from you! Cheers! 🌽🍊🍆🌶
Garden lovers welcome💚
Inspiration is free...stay connected!
Grow a garden - Feed your soul